1. Types of Information We Collect
We may collect the following categories of personal information from and about you:
- Identifiers: such as your name, postal addresses, email addresses, social networking website user account names, telephone numbers, or other addresses at which you are able to receive communications.
- Demographic information: such as your age, birthdate, and gender.
- Commercial information: such as information that enables us to determine lifestyle, interests, and activities, including purchasing tendencies and order history (such as the StarDeals vouchers you purchase and redeem); areas of interest; information collected through your interactions with social networks; information about persons for whom you have purchased StarDeals vouchers as gifts or who have bought StarDeals vouchers as gifts for you; and information about friends who refer you or whom you have referred.
- Financial information: such as information collected from you as needed to process payments for StarDeals vouchers or other products or services that you buy, or as provided by you to administer your participation in optional services and programs, such as your payment card number, expiration date, and card verification number. We use industry-standard encryption technology to secure financial account information.
- Internet and network activity information: such as information about your browsing behavior, search history, and interactions with websites and advertisements, including data from cookies, pixel tags, and web beacons.
- Inferences regarding preferences and other characteristics: such as our assessment of the types of products or services you may have an interest in.
2. How StarDeals Collects Information
We may collect personal information about you from a variety of sources, including:
- From you: We collect information that you submit to us. For example, when you use the Service; make a purchase; register to receive information, products, or services available through the Service; or interact with us in other ways. We will collect any information you voluntarily provide, and we may also request optional information to support your use of the Service. We also collect any information that you voluntarily enter into any postings, comments, or forums within the Service. If you send an e-mail to us, we will collect your e-mail address and the full content of your e-mail, including attached files and other information you choose to provide to us.
3. How StarDeals Uses Information
- Operate, maintain, and improve the Service and other programs, features, and functionality related to the Service;
- Provide you with interest-based ads, push notifications, communications, and offers for products and services from us and our business partners;
- Facilitate and fulfill orders – for example, for StarDeals vouchers and other goods and services, including tracking redemption;
- Process and confirm bookings with our partners;
- Process your payments;
- Evaluate your eligibility for certain types of offers, products, or services that may be of interest to you, and analyze advertising effectiveness;
- Answer your questions and respond to your requests;
- Perform analytics and conduct customer research;
- Communicate and provide additional information that may be of interest to you about StarDeals and our business partners, sometimes by combining your information with information we obtain from other sources;
- Send you reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts, support and administrative messages, service bulletins, marketing messages, and requested information, including on behalf of our business partners;
- Administer rewards, surveys, sweepstakes, contests, or other promotional activities or events sponsored by us or our business partners;
- Allow you to apply for a job, post a video, or sign up for special offers from merchants, our business partners, or other companies;
- Enhance other information we have about you to help us better understand you and determine your interests;
- Use your data as described in our Card Linked Deals program, if you consented to participate in such program; and
If you make purchases without creating a password, we link these purchases to your email address and create a secure account in our system. If you create a password at a later date, you will be able to view past purchases made with that email address.
If you use any features on the Service to send information about a product or service to another person, we will also collect the personal information of that other person to the extent disclosed by you and may contact them using the information you provided us.
4. When and Why StarDeals Discloses Information
We may share your personal information as follows:
- as required to comply with the law or legal obligations, such as to comply with legal orders and government requests, or as needed to support auditing, compliance, and corporate governance functions;
- in response to a subpoena, or similar legal process, including to law enforcement agencies, regulators, and courts;
- with our merchants to provide you with the Services you request (such as to facilitate and fulfill orders and to process and confirm bookings);
- in the event we go through a business transition such as a merger, acquisition by another company, bankruptcy, reorganization, or sale of all or a portion of our assets (as described below in Section 10);
- to combat fraud or criminal activity, and to protect our rights, users, and business partners, or as part of legal proceedings affecting StarDeals;
- if the information has been aggregated, de-identified, or otherwise does not identify you personally; and
- otherwise with your consent.
We may disclose your personal information to the following categories of third parties:
- StarDeals Entities
- Advertising Networks
- Payment Services Providers
- Internet Service Providers
- Data Analytics Providers
- Operating Systems and Platforms
- Social Networks
- Government or Law Enforcement Entities
- Fraud Protection and Prevention Providers
- Delivery Services Providers
- Service Providers
5. Security of Personal Information
StarDeals has implemented an information security program that contains administrative, technical, and physical controls that are designed to reasonably safeguard personal information. We use industry-standard encryption technology to secure financial account information. If you have any questions about security on our website, you can contact us at [email protected].
6. Retention of Personal Data
We will retain your personal data for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. If you close your account, we will retain your personal data for a period where it is necessary to continue operating our business effectively, to maintain a record of your transactions for financial reporting purposes or fraud prevention purposes until these purposes no longer exist, and to retain as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
7. Your Rights Regarding Personal Information
You have certain rights with regard to your personal information:
- You have the right to know and request information about the categories and specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you within the last 12 months, as well as the categories of sources from which such information is collected, the purpose for collecting such information, and the categories of third parties with whom we share such information. You also have the right to know if we have sold or disclosed your personal information for business purposes.
- You have the right to update your personal information
- You have the right to request a portable copy of your personal information
- You have the right to request that StarDeals delete your personal information, subject to certain exceptions allowed under applicable law.
- You have the right to opt-out of certain disclosures of your personal information for valuable consideration by emailing us at [email protected]
- You have the right to not be discriminated against for exercising any of the above-listed rights. We may, however, provide a different level of service or charge a different rate reasonably relating to the value of your personal information.
You may exercise these rights by sending an email to [email protected]. We may take reasonable steps to verify your identity, including but not limited to verification of your email, prior to responding to your requests.
In addition to the above rights, you can update or remove financial account information. You can also deactivate your StarDeals account.
8. Your Choices
We think that you benefit from a more personalized experience when we know more about you and what you like. However, you can limit the information you provide to StarDeals, and you can limit the communications that StarDeals sends to you. In particular:
- Commercial Emails: You may choose not to receive commercial e-mails from us by following the instructions contained in any of the commercial e-mails we send or by logging into your account and adjusting your email preferences. Please note that even if you unsubscribe from commercial email messages, we may still email you non-commercial emails related to your account and your transactions on the Service. You may update your subscription preferences at any time.
- Cookies and Other Technologies: You may manage how your browser handles cookies by adjusting its privacy and security settings. Browsers are different, so refer to instructions related to your browser to learn about cookie-related and other privacy and security settings that may be available.
Currently, we do not alter our data collection and use practices in response to Do Not Track signals.
We use internet and network activity information and device data to directly serve you interest-based ads on third party websites and mobile applications.
- Device Data: You may manage how your mobile device and mobile browser share certain device data with StarDeals, as well as how your mobile browser handles cookies by adjusting the privacy and security settings on your mobile device. Please refer to the instructions provided by your mobile service provider or the manufacturer of your device to learn how to adjust your settings.
When you first visit or use the Service we may request permission to collect and use your device’s precise geolocation. You can opt not to permit the collection of this information, or permit it only when using the mobile app, but it may limit certain functions or features of the Service. You can control how and whether we collect your precise geolocation information through your device’s settings.
- Emails from Business Partners: If you wish to opt-out of receiving offers directly from our business partners, you can follow the opt-out instructions in the emails they send you.
9. Social Community Areas
The Service may be accessible through or contain connections to areas where you may be able to publicly post information, communicate with others such as discussion boards or blogs, review products and merchants, and submit media content. Prior to posting in these areas, please read our Terms and Conditions carefully. All the information you post may be accessible to anyone with Internet access, and any personal information you include in your posting may be read, collected, and used by others. We recommend that you do not post any personal information in the social community areas.
10. Privacy Practices of Third Parties
11. Business Transfers and Corporate Changes
StarDeals reserves the right to disclose, transfer, or license any and all information related to the Service, including personal information:
- to a subsequent owner, co-owner, or operator of the Service or any portion or operation related to part of Service; or
- in connection with a corporate merger, consolidation, or restructuring, the sale of all or a portion of our stock and/or assets, or other corporate change, including, without limitation, during the course of any due diligence process.